Thursday, July 15, 2010

Monster's Ink

Have you ever had one of those days when you wake up feeling like 'It' came sometime between twilight and dawn, and stole every once of your joy? This morning I dragged myself from my bed feeling like something colored my world with black ink and wondering what monsters will chase me down today. I summed it up like this.



Will the dog play duty on the floor, 

Or the cat tear the screen from the door? 

Will the horses get sick? 

Will I come in with a tick? 

Will the monsters increase more and more?  



Will the window's bad pane

Leak the thundering rain? 

Will the ceiling fan last

Til' the summer is past,

While those monsters sing their refrain?




Will the bills yell "Attention!" 

While I fail to mention 

The blue house is straining 


For a fresh coat of staining

With the monsters collecting their pension?



Will my kids need a favor
 While life holds no flavor? 
Will my washer never get fixed
And my dryer stay nixed
While those monsters make life even graver?




Will my spouse need a lift

When I've nothing to gift?

Will the bank fail to sanction

The loan modification

While those monsters are causing a rift?

 

But wait, there's a door

On this monster's work floor,

To help with life's riddles

It's crossed in the middle,

Where the monsters no longer keep score!



The flowers are all pink 

And the doorknob is zinc.

There is oh so much more

Just inside this great door.

And here there is no monster's ink!




Have a great day ya'll!!

Source: http://thebestisyettobe7521.blogspot.com/2010/07/monsters-ink.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "Monster's Ink"

Post a Comment