Thursday, July 15, 2010

Writing in the Wee Hours

It's one of those sleepless nights. The smoke alarm briefly sounded at about 12:30, and I haven't been able to get back to sleep since. After a couple of hours I decided I better get up and write. I really would like to write more often so that I can begin trying to get some things published, but somehow Life seems to get in the way. I always hope that something will change and I will be able to write more, but it doesn't happen. Then a smoke alarm sounds, and I suddenly have a free night. Amazing.
I did manage to write about #1's accident tonight. I cried through a lot of the writing. It was cleansing to get it down, but it was very difficult to relive that event. I added it to my collection of writings about home.
Right now my home doesn't seem like a place I want to be. I still have books piled everywhere waiting for the verdict of stay on the shelf, sit in the attic, or go somewhere else. It's like Judgment Day for books. I hope they are all prepared for the final decision.
That decision may have to wait for one more day though. Tomorrow, or I guess today, I teach a day camp for 4H. The topic is Citizenship. My boys are completing a project book this year on Citizenship, and #1 had asked- before his accident- if he could help me with a day camp about it during the summer. We will be studying the branches of government, passing "laws", and holding a "trial by jury" for the Big Bad Wolf. It should be fun if I can stay awake.
The meeting about our classes for next school year went well. The kids seem excited to know that they will be with each other at least once a week and that perhaps the lessons will have a fun element to them. #1, being the Eeyore that he is, tried to convince me that he isn't going to like Algebra, but by the end of the conversation he had convinced himself that perhaps he will since it is sort of like solving riddles.
The length of that last sentence has convinced me that I might be ready for bed. Good Night. Or Good Morning.

Source: http://121689.blogspot.com/2010/07/writing-in-wee-hours.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "Writing in the Wee Hours"

Post a Comment