Sunday, August 15, 2010

48 Hr -- Time Changes Everything... Day 2

Before we could head back to Travis' house and start putting this thing together, we had one more shoot to do back at the office... we head back, work out some continuity issues and additional story line that at the time seemed very necessary... sleep deprivation can truly skew priorities. So final office shots done... equipment packed up... we head to Travis' house for the long haul...



We have a few additional scenes to shoot at Trav's house so I start prepping for those while the guys start uploading foley sound and some early editing...Bill tells me his eyes aren't seeing straight (I believe everything was wavy with some sort of hand gesture), says he's going to sleep for just 15 minutes and asks me to wake him... ok... one down... head up stairs to check on Travis..he's rocking.. I'm impressed.. so I head to the restroom to start hair and make-up for the scenes we need to shoot with me in them... suddenly Trav calls my name.. I head back to the dining room where he's set up... he suggests a 2 hour nap, turns out he just fell asleep at the computer! So I let him know that Bill is already asleep and had asked me to wake him in about 5 minutes.. Travis and I set every alarm we can think of for 6:00AM and head off for a much needed nap... well as much as one can nap on a nicely carpeted basement floor.



Its 6:30 Sunday morning... after 3 failed attempts to wake Travis, a shout from Bill does the trick! A little coffee and we get the lights set for our last scene... we ended up not using the scene, but again sleep deprivation makes you think you need such things!



Post production is in full force... Travis is at one Mac editing the footage together... Bill at another is working on after effects... I am at the 3rd marking foley sound bites... we would take breaks to help with edit choices or simply watch what we had together. One last bit of foley sounds recorded for the fight scene... who knew that a towel on carpet could make the perfect whoosh of a punch!



After effects done, Bill has to go be Dad the rest of the day... its 2:30...Travis wants to be rendering by 5:00... we can do this! I'm bringing Travis foley as quick as I can get it ready for him... Chris is sending us music to lay over the film and it is all really starting to come together. We call Chris probably 10 times for little tweaks and changes here and there for timing or mood... it's incredible! Travis gives Chris a mood he wants to set in a certain scene and in 10 minutes we have the perfect music!! What a rush!! My blood has never pumped so fast!



Its down to the wire... a few last sounds in here and there... sound for the virus uploading... foley Trav's "What a bitch!" line cause it's too awesome not to keep in... its 6:00.. an hour behind our ideal but still doable... rendering... rendering.. rendering... transfer to DVD ... OMG!!! it's taking forever!!! I donate my jump drive... yes the one carrying the virus in the movie... just get the digital file on it and we can run... its going..we're gonna make it!! Quick check it before we go... ooooo small glitch right at the front.. no biggie... keep going.. keep going.. news cast...



it freezes



Even now, there aren't words to describe the air in the room at that moment



the end of the movie is missing!!! WTF!!!.. hard drive crashed is the diagnosis.....UUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!



Quick..plan B... try to recover the end and send it to Bill online... Eric is already on his way to Bill's for music release forms... If Bill can burn it to DVD... he lives blocks from the Skylark where we have to turn everything in... E-man will bring the DVD and meet me with the rest of the paperwork... I rush out the door, with the paperwork and the jump drive with the movie that has no ending... it is 6:54... the deadline is 7:30... I am 30 minutes away...thank god it's Sunday and traffic is light!



I'm driving as fast as I can and not kill myself or the borrowed car I am in... a call from Travis -- doesn't look like he's gonna get anything to Bill in time, just turn in the version I have with me... a text from Bill... Eman is running he's a couple of blocks away... I'm almost there... another text from Bill... Eman is there, where are you?! call him!... I'm almost there, and I don't have Eman's phone number... Skylark! park...7:29, text to Bill "here" ... head in, Eman is right there.. we head up the stairs to the table... I am told we're good, we have 5 minutes, but to hang out and they will call our group to go over all the paperwork and make sure we have everything...should I get a drink? ... dazed, I wander to the bar... "Times Up!" Cheers from everyone... they start to call team names... first team..."Lupher Arts"... everything is in order...



A drink (or 2, maybe 3) at Bill's and tears of exhaustion from both of us and we wait for Travis... Bill still had not seen the finished film... not only did he not have any idea how much was missing or what was actually wrong with the film, but he had no idea how amazing the movie turned out! So we drank... and waited... 9:00 and Travis arrives with 2 copies of the movie complete. We watch... tears again... the movie is unbelievable!



We discuss our options with the contest and with the proper nudge we're out the door to the Skylark to see if the 48 hour crew is still there... they said they would be there late so everyone could turn their films in even if not on time... we get there at 9:54 and the 48 hr crew is gone... so ... another drink...



After long discussions with all of the team it was decided to disqualify ourselves from the competition so that the film we created... this beautiful work of art that we are all so very proud of.... could be viewed as it was intended. Monday morning Travis drove a copy of the completed film to the 48 hr folks... the following Sunday... Time Changes Everything was debuted in one of the classic movie houses in Denver, in its entirety


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "48 Hr -- Time Changes Everything... Day 2"

Post a Comment