I stood there in the rain, waiting for her to arrive. I was supposed to go formal, but I'm not that big a fan of suits although I've been told otherwise. Guess this is one of those rare occasions that I'll be wearing one. Not to forget, that's what happens when you lose a bet. Talk about looking ridiculous, standing in the rain holding a gift box.
A car pulled up in front of me. Jess waved at me from the driver's seat of the car. I walked up and got in the passenger seat.
- Hey!
- Sorry, for getting late, had to get ready and everything.
- Don't worry about, it's not like I get to see a pretty girl suddenly become prettier.
Jess turned red as she blushed.
- Don't make me kick you out of the car!
- Cute, you're all red.
She just closed her eyes and put her head against the steering wheel.
- Can you please stop doing that? And if you do that when we get there, I'm going to kill you.
- I'll try my best.
She just turned her face around to look at me.
- You better try harder...
- Fine, I'll try harder than my best...why are you looking at me like that?
- You look good in a suit.
- No, I don't. Can we go now? We're gonna be late.
She just smiled and drove the car onward. For some moment, we just drove in silence for a while. After some time, I couldn't stand it any longer.
- You mind putting some music on? Too silent.
- Cute, you get all nervous when you don't have anything to say and it's quiet.
- Ja ja ja, really funny. I don't get nervous, it's just that it gives me too much time to think, and I don't like thinking.
She looked at me and smiled, as she turned on the radio. After fiddling with the dial, she found a channel that she actually liked. The song that was playing over the radio was November Rain by Guns 'n Roses. Talk about ironic or coincidental, we were in November and it was raining. As she pulled to a stop at traffic light.
- Look, November Rain!
- Novemer Rain!
We both exclaimed at the same time. After saying that we just looked at each other and started laughing.
- Talk about coincidences.
- Tell me about it.
We drove silently listening to the radio all the way to the wedding.
A car pulled up in front of me. Jess waved at me from the driver's seat of the car. I walked up and got in the passenger seat.
- Hey!
- Sorry, for getting late, had to get ready and everything.
- Don't worry about, it's not like I get to see a pretty girl suddenly become prettier.
Jess turned red as she blushed.
- Don't make me kick you out of the car!
- Cute, you're all red.
She just closed her eyes and put her head against the steering wheel.
- Can you please stop doing that? And if you do that when we get there, I'm going to kill you.
- I'll try my best.
She just turned her face around to look at me.
- You better try harder...
- Fine, I'll try harder than my best...why are you looking at me like that?
- You look good in a suit.
- No, I don't. Can we go now? We're gonna be late.
She just smiled and drove the car onward. For some moment, we just drove in silence for a while. After some time, I couldn't stand it any longer.
- You mind putting some music on? Too silent.
- Cute, you get all nervous when you don't have anything to say and it's quiet.
- Ja ja ja, really funny. I don't get nervous, it's just that it gives me too much time to think, and I don't like thinking.
She looked at me and smiled, as she turned on the radio. After fiddling with the dial, she found a channel that she actually liked. The song that was playing over the radio was November Rain by Guns 'n Roses. Talk about ironic or coincidental, we were in November and it was raining. As she pulled to a stop at traffic light.
- Look, November Rain!
- Novemer Rain!
We both exclaimed at the same time. After saying that we just looked at each other and started laughing.
- Talk about coincidences.
- Tell me about it.
We drove silently listening to the radio all the way to the wedding.
[Image: http://www.helencarterweddings.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/bride-and-groom-in-rain.jpg]
Source: http://v997.blogspot.com/2010/08/coffee-on-rainy-day-v.html
0 nhận xét: on "Coffee on a rainy day - V"
Post a Comment