The kids and I went to a story/craft time this morning at a local craft store. I have to imagine that a lot of craft stores do this – so check for local listings in your area. These can be really fun for kids – plus…they’re usually free!
I found today’s on the Cleveland West Macaroni Kids page (I find a lot of my activities on that page - you rock Kelly). The story time today was about a hungry bear – and his adventure through the forest looking for food. And we had quite an animated story teller. She had every voice for every character down like quite a pro.
AND – she asked who had never been there before…and I of course raised Carter’s hand….so today’s craft was dedicated to him. HOW CUTE IS THAT?! They went on the loud speaker and told the entire store (all three people that were there) that today’s craft was for Carter. So cute. Carter felt very special…and I got a kick out of it. It's the little things ...the little things that make me happy.
Avery was even awake for today's activity. AND - she giggled and smiled through most of it. Where was I with my camera for that?! Geez.
We made Koalas. I named ours 'Carter Koala.' It was made from a paper role, pre-cut paper images, glue (that was interesting…with a 2 year old), googly eyes, etc.

I can't be sure...but I think the blue marker was suppose to represent the koala's fur. Although, Carter called it his "shirt" (yet it came out "Kola Shit"). So...maybe it was the Koala's shit. Who knows. We do have a lot of poo issues in this house.
I don't even know where the koala ended up. I know that Carter chased our cat around the house with it for about 45 minutes yelling "giddy giddy no no" and "Get Down Meow" whenever the cat would jump onto furniture. I'm sure I will find the koala later this week. We tend to misplace things in this house. We recently lost a Carter shoe...and Chad found it tonight (while taping my car window closed for the night...it broke today ...and then continued to fall into the door throughout the day - and I couldn't get a car appointment until the morning) on the roof of my car. Below is a picture of my poor window. Doesn't it look like stitches? Poor car.
I kid you not though about the shoe...and us misplacing things...I took a picture of the shoe. It had to have been riding around on the top of my car for a few days. I'm that lady.
I kid you not though about the shoe...and us misplacing things...I took a picture of the shoe. It had to have been riding around on the top of my car for a few days. I'm that lady. 
All in all…a very cute activity.
0 nhận xét: on "Day 19 (well, activity 19...I won't say how many days it's been): Craft/Story time"
Post a Comment