Sunday, August 15, 2010

a day of walkathon adventure



August 11 year 2009 and 2010 would be a remarkable day to me. A day of haggardness.



August 11, 2009



The schedule then at the center was I am the opening cashier and inventory custodian and my officer will be the closing one. But as expected, this was  the day I made a straight duty-from 9:00 a.m. to past 10:00p.m.




This was the day when my officer wife, Cat, gave birth to their first daughter named Francesca Nicole.



This day I was the superior at the center since my  partner that day was newly hired. Thanks God, a man-power from other center came to help us.


I could still remember how disoriented my officer was. He was anxious on two things that day-the center and the baby. He often call me on my phone to know what's happening on the center.



Who would thought that after her wife gave birth, he still went to the business center to be the closing inventory custodian since I don't master that work. I can even recall how he was thankful enough for me.



I can't also forget that at this day also I had my lunch at 6:30 p.m. 



August 11, 2010



A year after and yet what an harassing day.



I went out of Albay for two reasons; 1.) pick-up my final pay and 2.) attend the first birthday party of my one and only godchild, Francesca Nicole Vergara.



I made Francesca's parents surprised. When I got their invitation to me I decided to hoaxed them and let believe I can't come.



August 10 at 6:30 p.m. via Cagsawa travel and tours my one day journey to Manila begun. 



I arrived at Manila at around 4:30 a.m. It was been a 10 hours on the road. From Araneta Cubao Station I went off to Marikina at my best-friends house to relax and take a bath since my final pay would be available at 1:00 p.m.



At around !0:30 a.m. I left Marikina and went back to Araneta Bus Terminal to make ticket reservation. Then after at around 12 noon I had my lunch somewhere at Cubao. 



After having lunch I went to Ortigas via MRT (Manila Railway Transit) to get my final pay, one of the reason why I went out of my province. From Ortigas station having my slightly heavy luggage I walked to Robinsons Galleria and decided to left my luggage at the supermarket package counter and pretend I will shop.



Time check it was 12:50 p.m so decide to roam around the Robinsons galleria since the office where I'll claim my final pay is just at the rear part of the mall.



Come 1:00 p.m. and went to Robinsons Equitable Tower, at the concierge was an old man and was having an unpleasant attitude, I said "Treasury office I'll pick up my final pay." he replied "time of pick up is 1:30 p.m.! No, you cannot yet enter!" So waited at the lobby at around 1:35 p.m. having left eyebrow raised as a sign that I'm pissed off to him I said "So. it's already 1:30 can I now?"


I've left the tower at  around 2:45 p.m. I went back to the mall's supermarket to pick up my luggage and when I went out the mall heavy rain fell. That time my next destination is to look for a hotel to checked-in.



I decided to fell in line at the taxi bay since I have no umbrella that time and suddenly saw the contact number of familiar hotel I called it up but I was shocked that the rate is so high, then when I was on the taxi already decided to check at newly soft-opened hotel named GoHotels at Mandaluyong. 



I've reached GoHotels aroung 4:15 p.m. I checked in because the rate was so at low-cost. While at the room can';t hel it bu to think what my godchild's mother told me that the party will last only to 7:00 p.m. but can't get there since some of my former office mates has zero idea where the place is. So instead going at the party on time, I choose my former workmates, because I'm the only person their hoping for.  At 4:45 p.m. I went to the neighbor mall of the hotel to buy some things. And by that time I had already a clear idea how would I pick-up my former workmates. That time also my head cashier who is now working at SM Mall of Asia asked me to drop by at The SUNshop greenbelt to pick up some important document.



After from the mall here am I rushing back to the hotel, took a bath, and fix myself. By the way, that time I don't have yet any gift for my godchild.



From Mandaluyong, Boni Staion of MRT I went to Ayala station and walked through SM, Glorietta, and Landmark to get through Greenbelt 1. It was already past 6:00 p.m. when I left Greenbelt and on my way to Cash& Carry Mall to meet and pick-up some of my workmates.



When I went out Greenbelt 1 i walked to Pasay Road and rode a jeepney and off the jeep at Santillan St., Pio del Pilar, Makati City and walked that street to get into Buendia and when I get there I rode again another jeepney going to Cash &carry Mall.



At 7:05 p.m. I was already at the Cash & Carry Mall and waited for my other workmate to log-out. It was already 7:20 p.m. when we went out the mall. And from the mall, we waited for a jeepney at Buendia going to LRT (Light Railway Transit) Station where there was a cab going to SM Mall of Asia.



We arrive at SM Mall of Asia around 7:50 p.m. and we met there my former head cashier. After meeting each other we went off to Department Store to bought a presence for the birthday girl. I left with no choice but to agree with them to bought  the partner dress of the cute skirt that my former head cashier gift. It was my plan to buy her a fisher price toy but decided to defer it and bought it as Christmas presence.



From MOA we have to pick up our last former workmate to join us at Greenbelt 1. To cut the long story short, we met around 8:10 p.m. And now party is over but parents of the child was informed we're coming except for me because they thought I didn't make it, in other term "connivance." I connived with my former workmates.



We arrived at Raya Gradens Condominium around 9:00 p.m. an there was a big wooden gate where I hide. I told one of my former workmates to call them up because we cannot jus enter the vicinity because security is strict. And to the other one I gave the gift and instructed that it was given by one of our helper to her and say to couples that they guy who gave the gift is here and point me out. 



After few minutes while hiding I heard the couples voices then they did exchange words of hi and hellos and we learned that my godchild, the birthday celebrant wasn't there and just went back off to Biñan, Laguna to the parents of the mother.



While at the back of that huge gate I really don't know what to feel, I was then just excited to hug and kiss my godchild but I was disappointed.



Came the time my partner in crime workmate said to couple "wait! wait! the guy who gave that gift is here." and I heard the couple saying "where? where?" and I went out and said  "hi." I really want to laugh their expression when they saw me because they were truly surprised. 


The mother of my godchild continuously slap my gift at my right arm because she was really surprised that I made it. And I even heard sir, the father of the child, saying "urrgghhh,...I suddenly feel ashame. no foods left. I forgot you're coming." and asked me when did I arrived.



Fast forward the story, we enter at their unit and of course had a picture mania. The the couple just ordered pizza for us and offer to us a cake.



It was fun though.Really it was.



We bid goodbye around 11:30p.m. I was then tired, thirsty and a bit under the influence of beer because some relatives of the couple offered me two glass of  beer where I bottoms it up.


Who would though another bunch of people say that I looke a like Raymond Gutierrez.



I arrived back at hotel around 11:50 p.m and remember that I had no water to drink at the room so walk about a kilometer just to buy mineral water.


*sigh*



Truly that experience I had can never be forgotten and already written in my life's story book. What a one wonderful and joyous adventure in a day  though.



Below are some of the photo memories. 



At Cagsawa Travel and Tours



 

At GoHotels








At the party (party??? we're late)





Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "a day of walkathon adventure"

Post a Comment