Thursday, August 19, 2010

Endings


Posted by Picasa

Interesting when things end. In regards to relationship, friendships. There are reasons why people don't make it to the future in your life, so why worry about them. Sincere good people are a blessing and in some areas in the U.S. - hard to find. There is a plan for everyone in life. Good and bad. And if there is to be any rift in a relationship......make sure that its the one you have done your best to mend. Very rare I go against this motto, only in rare instances when deep down if I feel I have been wronged and used.


The past few days with constant surprises good and bad.....the bad being a much bigger scale than good in this situation, I reflect on my life and what I am thankful for to have around me and within me.


I am thankful that my spiritual journey take me to places to help the sick and impoverished and hopefully educate children in those countries. They seem to help me more than I feel I help them.


I am thankful for shelters allowing me to volunteer and do my part. From homeless to battered women.


I am thankful that my spiritual journey are the ones listed above and NOT traveling to find myself on a yoga mat, in a hostel, wandering aimless to add another stamp in my passport when there is more to be done in the world.


I am thankful for the good people I meet working in those countries. I am very humbled to be even their friend.


I am thankful for my family. And their unconditional. Especially my mother who brought me in the world and saved me in my mid 20's from leaving the world when I was very sick.


I am thankful for my extended family. My cousin who sat hours with me to keep me company when I had malaria. Twice. And lived.


I am thankful for opportunities in my life. Work: consulting, being offered the Director of ADRA in Chad taking over this coming October. Hobbies: windsurfing, kiteboarding (new), whitewater kayaking, snowboarding, mountaineering, backpacking.


I am thankful for having humour, aspiring to be funny and the love for people to laugh around me.


I am thankful for my cat Chats.


I am thankful for D.


I am thankful for good sincere company.


.............optimism, anticipation, adventure, love......................alcohol ;-) (my vice really!) and more importantly being a work in progress with the ability to change and assimilate.


What I look forward to:


Being back in Chad at a new hospital, setting up temporary clinics near the Congo border and Sudan providing relief.


Going more of a distance and provide relief in Pakistan. Or more of a distance in going to Afghanistan to help women with prenatal and childcare.


Seeing people smile.


Giving my parents a hug. Giving my nieces and nephews a hug.


Petting my cat when I get home from work.


Getting up on a kiteboard.


Riding in the car with D to some new adventure as always.


What scares me most:


The possibility of dying in a far off place and not being able to tell my family and close friends how much I love them.



Source: http://yesiamthisbored.blogspot.com/2010/08/endings.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "Endings"

Post a Comment