Monday, August 16, 2010

Fiesta de Mariposa por mi Madre's Cumpleanos




On Saturday we celebrated my Mom's 68th Birthday with a delicious Mexican Fiesta.  Unlike my Dad's theme, my Mom's was a piece of cake.  When I asked her what she would like to eat for her birthday, that she never has the opportunity to have,  she first said that she would like for the entire family to go to Flakowitz for Bagels.  Really?  I told her there was no way that we could accommodate our entire family there. Choice number two,  Fish Tacos at home.  Again??? My Mama can have anything she wants.  She is the sweetest, greatest, most selfless person on the face of the Earth.  A real live Angel!  Uhhh, the best!!  So after she said that she would like Fish Tacos, everything else was easy to plan. I wanted it to be beautiful and girly, but colorful.  My sister and I strung strands and strands of Monarch Butterflies from every possible location and attached them to napkins, glasses, and the chandeliers as well.  It really turned out amazing.  Unfortunately, the photos just can not relay how pretty it looked.  All of the grandchildren made a terrific banner made up of drawings of themselves with their Gram.  It was really cool to see them work together and how their drawings were reflective of my Mom. Lunch was great.  Dessert a bomb!  We ordered a special Lady M Crepe de Mille cake but it never arrived.  This has happened before.  I am convinced that there is someone in Tennessee, at the FedEx Hub, that recognizes those white boxes and eats our cakes.  Brian, the dutiful, family superhero,  saved the day with a liked by all,  Carvel Ice Cream Cake, and I made a Chocolate cake with fresh whipped cream and strawberries.  Overall, everything turned out perfect and my Mom was so happy and appreciative of everything.  I love you Mama!  Happy Birthday 68th Birthday!




























Source: http://thesweetlifebyb.blogspot.com/2010/08/fiesta-de-mariposa-por-mi-madres.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "Fiesta de Mariposa por mi Madre's Cumpleanos"

Post a Comment