It's time for me to talk about the Fleet Foxes. You may not know this about me, but I love them... a lot.
I first discovered them while shuffling through Youtube (yeah, I do that a lot) a year(ish) ago. Here is the video that sold me. Click through to Youtube if you are an HD elitist asshole like myself. The video is a well-mixed, "take away" show that they did somewhere in Paris a year or two ago.
Anywho. Though I was "sold" to this band almost instantaneously, I didn't quite fall in love until somewhat recently.
For the past year I was listening to the Sun Giant EP, but never gave the first LP a full, real listen. To make a long story short, I started listening to the first LP almost religiously. 4-5 times per day, which doesn't happen often for me. I fell in love, still am.
I was on the road every weekend for about a month, so I was spending a lot of time staring out windows with headphones on listening to LP/EP front to back, back to back. Needless to say, it had consumed me, I wanted to hear little of anything else.
The point of this blog is to express my excitement for one of the only bands that exists right now that excites me in such a way. For me, there are only a few things about this generation (my very own generation) of musicians that I find worthy of merit.
The band is currently producing their second album, which makes me want to sing and dance whimsically up and down the street. From the looks of things it's going to have a wonderfully warm analog feel to it, which I'm very excited for
Having something to look forward to in the music world is so rare these days that I don't plan to take it for granted. I don't know when the album comes out, but I am waiting.
Source: http://shocktrip.blogspot.com/2010/08/fleet-foxes-lp2.html
0 nhận xét: on "Fleet Foxes | LP2 |"
Post a Comment