Monday, August 16, 2010

Option 12 - Troy aka Mr. STD

I updated A. Kimmy on Drew and the fact that he really wanted to have more of a business relationship than a personal relationship. She tells me that I will not experience that with Troy. He really wants to meet someone to be in a relationship with and I will really like him.


So what's the scoop on Troy you ask. 46 (1-year older than my limit.) Never married, no kids, brown hair, hazel eyes, 6'4", big build, Masters of Engineering, driven and analytical, jogs, likes horses, hasn't travelled a lot, invests in real estate.


What are my thoughts on this profile?


1. What do you mean he doesn't like to travel or hasn't travelled? I have been out of the country more this year than anyone else you work with! How is that going to work?


2. Driven and analytical with a Masters in Engineering. He must be professional and smart and a bit techie and might remind me of my Mom. Not that I want to date my Mom, but at least I like spending time with her!


3. I don't really know about the horses, but maybe it is more of an equestrian venture than a cowboy venture.


4. Big Build - it's about time!


What are the realities when I meet him?


1. He doesn't like to leave Texas or travel much. Everything you need is within a few hundred miles of your home.


2. He is an engineering assistant and there was no Master's of Engineering program at the University he went to which was basically a tech school. He is not like my Mom and I did not like the conversation.


3. He looked like he just crawled off a horse and loped along while wearing pressed Wrangler jeans and a plaid shirt on our date! (I wore a cute summer dress with the new strapless bra and everything was just where it should have been by the end of the meal) I DO NOT do cowboys! Been there and done that in college. Rode that horse and hung up my spurs....


4. This guy is tall and lanky. Tall does not mean BIG A. Kimmy. If they are not at least 6' and 250 lbs A. Kimmy, I am not going to find him sexy or doable....got it?


This guy is shy! He doesn't really like to talk and asking him questions is like pulling teeth. I start with the basic, what do you like to do and what is your job. I get answers and he reciprocates with repeating my whole profile from A. Kimmy. Wow!


The second thing he asks me after what do I do is...."Are you Catholic?" What?? You don't discuss religion on the first date? Don't you read any Cosmo? You should because your dating etiquette sucks!


I try to talk about jogging. He takes that to the following conversation....pay close attention, this is when the title of this posting will make sense.


Troy: I went jogging with my ex-girlfriend and she didn't think I was going to be able to keep up, but I showed her.
KG: That's nice (said some what tentatively is he really talking about his ex now in addition to having spoken about religion?)
Troy: Yeah, do you jog?
KG: I do. I like it a lot. I have a pact with a good friend of mine to run a 5K a month through the end of the year and I would also like to do a triathlon sprint before I am 35.
Troy: My ex is running a marathon soon. Proceeds to drone on about her running activities and how much he really should go support her. (I feigned interest and kept looking for the waitress to bring the check...the damn non-speaking English waitress doesn't even understand non-verbal communication of come now!!!)
KG: It sounds like you should go support her.
Troy: I would really like to still be dating her but she didn't tell me something she should have early enough in the relationship.
KG: Well it can be hard to know when to share things in a new relationship.
Troy: She didn't tell me that her first husband had and STD and she married him anyway. I don't know why she would do that. I can't abide my her not telling me.
KG: Ugh, excuse me miss (to the waitress across the restaurant) we need the check!


What the hell is wrong with this guy? Does he think that telling me on our first date will make her mistakes all OK? I would assume that you have done the dirty after 6 months are you now telling me that you have said STD? EEWWWWW!


Not to mention that somewhere in his droning on he said that he doesn't do anything alone...not even go see a movie! Everyone goes to a movie alone. Not to mention, I don't understand the need to do everything together....I like my space and independence. This is going NOWHERE.


We leave the restaurant and he is trying to get up the nerve to ask for my number. I just cut that off at the pass. "Good luck on your search" said over my shoulder while pulling the keys out of my purse and getting into the car. I already feel dirty!


I talked to A. Kimmy on Monday morning....her response "He DID NOT!". Oh yes ma'am he did. I think he has to have broken one of the rules to get bounced out right?? A. Kimmy, "Well, we just need to get you and Francis together. You will like him. And I will talk to the Directors about matching you better. But look at the bright side, you have a lot more dates."


Really, even A. Kimmy seems to remind me that I have a lot more dates because I can't find the right one! Francis better be Option 2 with amazing wit!



Source: http://datingdebaucheryindallas.blogspot.com/2010/08/option-12-troy-aka-mr-std.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "Option 12 - Troy aka Mr. STD"

Post a Comment