"Grams told me
my binoculars
were going to get me
into trouble.
I just didn't believe her. See, Grams worries. All the time. About the way I dress and the food I eat, about me getting home on time, and especially about nosy Mrs. Graybill seeing me come and go. It's not like I try to upset her—I try real hard not to—it's just that somehow Grams winds up worrying and I usually get blamed for it. So when she'd see me looking out the window with my binoculars and say, "Samantha Keyes, you mark my words, those things are going to get you in a big heap of trouble someday," I'd just say, "Mmm," and keep right on looking. I figured it was just Grams doing some more worrying about nothing.
That is, until I saw a man stealing money from a hotel room across the street—and he saw me."
Sammy Keyes is not a troublemaker - trouble follows her around. Now I'm not just talking about a mysterious hotel thief, a strange forune teller, and an "oversized" police officer. I'm talking 3 rockin' nuns, a dangerous hollywood mummy, the myth of Moustache Mary, a commotion of deadly art, a missing skeleton, a not-so-normal elf on Christmas Eve, the mystery of Snake Eyes, the strangest "birthday" ever, a condor hunt in the middle of nowwhere, and a strange connection with a murder and lots and lots of cash - cold, hard cash.
Yeah, you could say Sammy's got a lot on her mind apart from hiding in a adult only hotel with Grams, the menacing Heather Acosta, and the nasty world of Junior High.
You are now entering the strange (but awesome) world of Samantha Keyes...
0 nhận xét: on "Sammy Keyes"
Post a Comment