Monday, August 16, 2010

Punjabi Kudi (My Punjabi Girl)

I am still in Dubai. My previous blog was probably a little over a week back, but I had something to say and hence, this entry.

In my recent conversations with Pooja over the phone, I have learnt that Pari has started saying sentences more clearly. Eg. “This (shoe) is Papa’s”, or “I want this”. When someone tries to cradle her in their arms or catch a hold of her, she quickly shouts out “Mummy Bachao Mummy! (Save me, Mummy)” She still loves chocolates and (gulab) jamuns. Whenever Papa is stepping out of the house, she always insists on coming along. She would stand on the scooter holding the handle while Papa rides her to the sweet shop for the goodies! At times my brother takes her out for a treat on his bike, with her sitting in front holding on to the petrol tank.


For the record, I got a few more snaps of Pari a couple of days ago. Mom and Pooja decked up Pari in a complete Punjabi suit, which included a Patiala Salwar, a Kameez and a Chunni. She had some make up on, I guess some blush on and lipstick. Her hair was loose tied like a bun. The Chunni was draped around her head like girls do in a Gurudwara, a temple of God. The whole look thus created, looked like a big girl trapped in a small-little-pretty-girl’s body.


I am posting my favorite pictures here which I love to see again and again. They also enjoy a huge subscriber base on Facebook!


I love Pooja’s I-Phone device now. What we used to call a Dabba (box) some time back is now an object of wonder. One feature Pooja has used extensively is taking snaps with it and emailing them immediately to my Gmail ID. She also checks out photos which I upload through Picasa, both Pictures of Dubai and my shopping (earrings, dresses etc) for family back home. Hence this way, both sides of the Arabian Sea, people are completely updated with the goings-on. It’s hard to imagine the scenario scores of years back when people relied only on snail mail (regular post).


I am also posting below a few snaps of Dubai for you to see….




More can be seen on my Picasa album for which the link is: http://picasaweb.google.co.in/varun.jhingran/Dubai?feat=directlink
At the moment, it is most likely that I will be leaving Dubai and arriving back in India in about 2 weeks time. Looking forward to seeing Pari again!


More soon…


Cheers,
VJ


P.S. I typed this blog up from office. I intended to keep it real short and focus on the pictures, but as usual I kept writing since my thoughts kept flowing in.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "Punjabi Kudi (My Punjabi Girl)"

Post a Comment