Monday, August 16, 2010

A Detour to the Grand Canyon

 Only 1200 miles to go. I am hoping we can make the drive home in a couple of days. The only issues will be the dogs and how wrestles Berk will be, given that our wonderful new puppy Dusty has just chewed through the power cord for the DVD player…for the second time. She is just lucky she’s cute…because if she weren’t, we might be coming home with one less dog.



We made very good time on day one, so much so that we thought we would make it home before noon on the second day. It always helps when the speed limit is 75 mph and most of the traffic is travelling at least 80. We were driving through a portion of Arizona when right before my little eyes was a huge sign that might as well have been SCREAMING “TURN HERE FOR THE GRAND CANYON”. I couldn’t resist. I had not been to the Grand Canyon in more than 20 years. I know it is the summer and its very HOT down in the Canyon, but I was hoping that the weather would be manageable for all of us if we remained at the top. Thankfully, that was the case. We took a quick 60 mile detour to the south entrance to the park. It was amazing! We also enjoyed a quick “drive-by” of the little Grand Canyon that is managed by the Navajo Indians. What a site to behold. It truly was breathtaking!



Note to self: I hope Berk remembers her first visit although I am not sure she will. She was much more concerned with looking in the gift shop and stopping at McDonalds for chicken nuggets. Oh well. I guess that’s a normal reaction for a six-year old.














Rain Rain Go Away


Source: http://2ndallisonfamilyroadtrip2010.blogspot.com/2010/08/detour-to-grand-canyon.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "A Detour to the Grand Canyon"

Post a Comment