Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday...errr...Tuesday Mind Dump


  • I really love our new vet.  He is a holistic doctor and made several all-natural recommendations for Buddy.  (Buddy is our 10 year old cocker spaniel.)  We found out he does in fact have cataracts starting (Aaron and I had both noticed his eyes looked cloudy lately).  Dr. McLawhorn recommended some herbal remedies to help with the cataracts and also gave me a few other tips for dealing with his recurrent ear infections and his itchy skin.  He also does not believe in unneccessary vaccinations (we never board Buddy so he really doesn't need many of the shots they normally give).  Normally a trip to the vet each year costs us around $300.  Today's visit....$59!  Yes, we do love Dr. McLawhorn!

  • Why is the last week before vacation so HECTIC?  I am on call tonight, have to go to computer training (an hour away) tomorrow and Thursday, the girls have swim class tomorrow and Thursday, my sis-in-law is coming for a visit Thursday, Friday I am helping my mom get packed for vacation and then I am back to work Friday-Sunday night.  FINALLY on Sunday evening we will head to Emerald Isle for our week at the beach. 

  • I am really excited about our beach vacation this year.  The house is ocean front and has an elevator for my mom.  We have pool and tennis court access.  And I have a scrapbooking/pina colada night planned with my bestie when she comes down to visit for a night.  It's gonna be a great week! 

  • I bought some homeopathic teething drops at the recommendation of a friend and they are making a huge difference!  Layla has been much happier since we started using them.  She is drooling like crazy as she continues to work these four teeth in!

  • Annagrace lost a tooth yesterday!  It was one of the four that the dentist wanted to pull so she saved us a little bit of money!  Ha ha!  

  • I volunteered to be the K-5th grade field trip coordinator for our homeschool group.  I LOVE planning field trips so I think it will be fun!  I am also coordinating the nursery for the 8 week co-op that starts in September.  And I'm teaching a kids photography class at the co-op.  You know, because my life isn't busy enough already!  

  • We rearranged our bedroom furniture.  It's back like it was when we moved and I like it.  It seems more open and light now.  I'm still debating on a room color.  Will think some more about it next week! 





Source: http://ourthreebirds.blogspot.com/2010/08/mondayerrrtuesday-mind-dump.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "Monday...errr...Tuesday Mind Dump"

Post a Comment