Monday, August 16, 2010

Tahoe and Back HOME ♥

Hey Everybody!! So...Tahoe was fun...not really what I was expecting but still nice to get away and enjoy the beautiful surroundings Heavenly Father created just for us :) The trip was this last Monday August 9th-13th. We stayed in a Condo in South Lake Tahoe, that was absolutely beautiful and a really nice place to stay. There were a lot of us...and not very much room, but I guess that's to be expected with a large family. Tuesday was our first official real day...We got out on the lake pretty early in the morning and explored for a few hours, while we waited for my sister in law Kirsten and her family and my other sister in law Kayla and her hubby. We met up with them on a nearby beach and hung out here and had lunch and caught some rays. That night...there was a little drama with the sleeping arrangements...there were babies, not enough room for their pack-and-plays, a pregnant woman, and an insomniac (love you)...so you put all of that together and that makes up for a very confusing sleeping arrangement! We got it all figured out anyway...a few tears shed...but in the end everything worked out great :) I got to sleep with Liz and the kids, which was super nice, since she put up extra sheets on the window so light wouldn't come in so we could sleep in longer, and her kids don't fuss at night so it was awesome. The next day (Wednesday) was kind of frustrating!! Haha...so since Kayla and her hubby and Kirsten and her family came late the previous day, they didn't get to go on the boat, so this was their day. There was enough room for me so I decided I would join them, so we packed up the car to follow my father-in-law and the boat pretty early, only to find out that the water was rough and Dad was hesitant to put the boat out, so we drove for TWO AND A HALF HOURS until we finally came back to the FIRST place we were going to launch the boat anyway. I was in the car with a sick 2 year old that cried and a 7 month old baby that had a huge blow out on the way, so it wasn't the most pleasant ride, besides the fact that I had good conversation with Kirsten and my mother in law Lori. So when we finally decided to launch the boat we met up with the other half of the family for lunch and Dad decided to have EVERYONE (15 passengers) on the boat and go super slow to our destination, Emerald Cove. We finally made it and hung out on the beach for a couple hours and kayaked. That night Liz, Becca, Mary, Amy, and me stayed up late talking and playing games and having a great time bonding as sisters. I love those girls so much and couldn't have asked for better in-laws. The next day, Kayla and her hubby, Mom, Dad, and I drove to Virginia City, where Dave grew up :) Virginia City is the COOLEST town...it's an old mining/western town and it looks like it's straight out of the Wild West. We had amazing mexican food there and went to their old fashioned candy and ice cream shop. Friday, I drove to Reno with Mary so Kirsten could do our hair and met up with Mom, Dad, and Amy that evening for a Buffet dinner at a nearby Casino. Mary and I then proceeded to make the 8 hour drive home after that, because we were both anxious to get home. I'm much closer to Mary than I was before and know a lot more about her. We hardly listened to music on the way and instead talked...a lot. It made the drive way easier and I was super glad to have her there with me.


So that brings me to HOME!!! ahhh....I am SOOO glad to be home, but so sad that I am without Dave. I miss him so incredibly much, and all I want are his sweet kisses and his arms to cuddle me at night. But...I guess I can wait 2 more weeks until he comes home to me. I started my job at 24 hour fitness Monday, and so far so good. I love it and the people there are super fun to work with. Plus...it makes it super easy to workout after my shift since I'm already at the gym and that's already half the battle. Dave and I have a goal to go to the gym as much as possible when he gets home and get super fit ♥ He helps me with my weight training since he knows more and he can spot me...and I can help motivate him in the cardio department. So...since I am home without my husband, I am without a computer and my camera cord so i can't upload photos onto the computer, so hopefully pictures will come in the next post. There are a lot of cute ones and I can't wait to share them with you.


Those of you that are friends of ours...COME PLAY WITH ME. I'm bored and lonely.



Source: http://davidstephaniewarren.blogspot.com/2010/08/tahoe-and-back-home.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "Tahoe and Back HOME ♥"

Post a Comment