Last week was quite the week. It was full of great happy moments and sad remembrance moments.
Monday, Heather come over and we spent the afternoon talking and meeting some of her friends that live in our neighborhood.
Tuesday, Patrick and I went to the Temple. Kori babysat the kids for us and it was good to have the time to ourselves and to leave the world behind for a few hours. That evening I had the opportunity to do family pictures for Heather and Justin. It was so great to get to spend the evening with them.
On Wednesday we had a Dr. appointment, and the doctor had me schedule my glucose test and another ultrasound. Then the Chandlers and the Savages came over and we visited for a couple of hours. Around three I took the kids to a primary activity that took a little persuasion to get Ari to participate. That night I went to a meet and greet activity for Relief Society which was fun but I still don’t know very many people in our new ward/neighborhood. We really miss our old ward and friends although I’ve heard that our ward boundaries changed again and some of our friends from our neighborhood have moved also or will be moving soon.
On Thursday I think we finally had nothing going on.
On Friday we had our ultrasound and glucose test appointments. It was great to get to see Ivy (they didn’t give us any of the pictures from the ultrasound) and to know she’s doing great but it’s always a bittersweet moment every time I have an ultrasound. Then I had to do the glucose test which requires you to drink this orange drink (which tasted nasty this time since they took the carbonation out of it), and sit around the hospital for an hour until they could draw my blood.
On Saturday we spent the evening with Scott and Chani, celebrating their daughter’s second birthday and just visiting.
On Sunday we gave talks in sacrament on Honesty.
So my week was pretty full and I’m glad it was otherwise I probably would’ve moped around the house and do way too much thinking. Most of the week my mind was spent in replay mode. Replaying all the things that happened each day a year ago. Going over all the things I wish I could go back and change, and still not understanding why I didn’t pick up on the signs. Wishing I had paid a little more attention to myself and Anthony and a little less attention to everything we had going on leading up to the day we had the ultrasound that confirmed that Anthony had returned to our Heavenly Father. Then I realized I had been so focused on dreading this last week that I didn’t even think of doing something on his birthday in remembrance of him. That didn’t help much, but Patrick and I have since talked about it and for Family Home Evening we are going to talk about the Plan of Salvation and then we are going to be each write a note and the kids draw a picture and then we are going to attach them to balloons and send them off to Anthony. We sure do miss him but are so grateful that we have the blessings of the temple to seal us together as a family and look forward to the day when we will reunite with him.
As for this current pregnancy things are going good. The ultrasound we had done confirms that Ivy is growing right on schedule and everything looks good. It helps but not completely since my pregnancy with Anthony was perfect up until the very end. As each week goes by I get a little more anxious and nervous. The doctor has given me the option if I choose to have an amniocentesis done around 36 weeks to check the development of the babies lungs and possibly have Ivy early. I’m not sure what I want to do but I’m veering more towards the early delivery the more time goes by. Starting at 32 weeks I will have weekly appointment at Labor and Delivery where they will run stress checks which will monitor the baby to make sure she is doing fine. The Heparin shots are getting harder and harder to find a spot that doesn’t hurt and I thought my tummy looked unattractive my last three pregnancies, you should see it this time. Patrick and I refer to it as a battleship game, the spots that bruise are a hit and the spots that don’t are a miss.
Oh one other thing that went on this last week was that I decided to give night-time potty training a try again with Ari. She is still having accidents every night. Is night time training even really possible or is it something that just has to come naturally? I use to have occasional accidents up until I was about 12 years old and I’m thinking Ari and probably Christian may both have the same issues. They both just sleep so soundly and are so hard to wake up, they can sleep through just about anything. Christian slept through both a take off and a landing on our airplane rides and Ari slept through a landing.
I’ve spent all day today in my pajamas as I’m exhausted from three of my four kids interrupting me sleep over the last week (Ari needing her clothes and bedding changed at least once a night, Christian’s been waking up a couple of times a night from monsters in the closet, and Ivy is starting to squish my bladder). I’m hoping to get a better nights sleep tonight since Ari is back in diapers for bedtime and I gave Christian a stuffed bunny to sleep with and talked to him about there not being monsters in the closet. There’s not much I can do to change the squishing of the bladder, but hopefully that’s the only reason I wake up tonight.
Source: http://stitchnmom.blogspot.com/2010/08/what-week.html
0 nhận xét: on "What a week."
Post a Comment