Saturday, August 28, 2010

Is it the Ring?

Today has been an awesome day full of good fun stuff! I went to Chip's Sunday school class and it was awesome. I love the way he teaches. Kyle asked me if I was 30! lol That's supposed to be the 30's class, but it's all good they like me there and to be honest I'm not that far from 30 anymore. Its weird tho, I'm not sad about that anymore, however I am hopping that by that time I'm already married, so will be even more fun to have someone to share my getting old with. lol


We talked about death and it was really interesting to hear what people had to say about the subject. For me, I used to be afraid of dying! I used to be terrified of dying... I remember when I used to date this girl in H.S. she would start talking about how she wanted her funeral to be and stuff, well I mean that's kind of morbid as is, but  I remember being so afraid to even talk about that. I would start listening to her talk and after a few mins I would ask her to be quiet and talk about something else. Fast forward 10 years later, I mean to today lol, and I can honestly say that I am not afraid of dying anymore. Why? Well, that is simple to answer. I know where I'm going and I know that I will not be missing anything from this life! I will be in the presence of my precious Savior and my Father, and really there is no words to describe how I feel every time I think about it, because I know that to be true!... The only reason why I would say I'm not ready to die, would be that I'm not sure most of my family members will be in the same place. But what am I doing about it? Well, to tell you the truth, I haven't done much till now. Today I'm writing a letter to my mom and my aunt and my sister, explaining them where I am in life and the hope that I have in Christ. I will tell them how I want them to have the same hope and joy for life. All this was part of the Sunday school lesson. Chip talked about Crazy Love for a little bit and about one of the stories in the book, where this guy was talking about Jesus in a funeral and the next thing you know he is dead. Francis Chan said it best: "can you imagine what it was like? He was introducing people to Christ one minute and then next Christ was introducing him to His Father!" WoW! Do you ever think what you're going to be doing when you die? I hadn't really thought about that! I want to die while I'm doing God's work, not while I'm sining! That would be awful! What am I going to say to Christ when I meet Him face to face knowing that one second before that I was breaking one of His commandments? It would really suck!


The sermon was awesome! I wish tiny hands had been there, well because of the title not that I think she needed to hear that or.... well I think I'm digging a hole here, I better crawl out of it. lol So the sermon was titled: Spiritual Angioplasty. Dr. Dortch asked a few questions that I think have a lot of weight:


---What spiritual blockages do I have?
---What is keeping me from experiencing the real power of God?


The point was that I need to align my heart with the heart of God, no matter what the cost is. This is really hard to do, especially when you think about losing stuff that make you comfortable or letting go of someone who means so much to you. But the truth is that Gos will not allow anyone or anything to stand in the way of what He purposes to do... I am powerless before Him, so there is no reason to try and fight His purpose.


Then he gave 3 points to make sure that my heart aligns with God's heart.
1.-Tell yourself the truth about what is holding you back in your relationship with God.
2.- Center God's purposes on my life. Don't be distracted by everyday life!
3.-Keep my commitments I make to God and to others in the name of the Lord.


So I have a bunch of notes on this sermon, but I put here the one's that got me the most.


Soccer Game!!!
Last night my friend Public Brent called and invited me to a volleyball game. I had to work and had so much to read that I had to say no, so he invited me today to the FSU soccer game at 2pm. I told him it would be fun and I would go. Well, today after church I went to lunch with Adam, Kyle and Megan to the Pitaria. It was sooo good! I forgot how much I like that place! After lunch Kyle asked what I was doing so I told him I about the game and after I told him it was at 2, he was like : "oh, that's nap time for me!" lol So I started driving home to maybe change into some shorts and a tshirt, but then I knew that as soon as I got here, I wouldn't want to leave anymore. I was really ok with that, sadly I have to admit that at one point I was thinking to myself: "I really don't want to hangout with Brent and his friends." How awful is that? Who Am I? It really hurts me to know how selfish I can be even after knowing how much God has done for me! So I made a U-turn on Jefferson and started heading back towards the stadium, but then I realized that I was wearing a long sleeve shirt that TH got me for Christmas, so I went to Bill's and got me a nice FSU shirt. I don't think I had one till now. I got my new shirt changed in the car and drove to the soccer field. There Brent introduced me to his friends and thanks to him I got to meet a few of the softball girls. I guess Brent told them that I would be going with him to watch their games.


At the game I sat on a pony wall behind the bleachers and watched the match, but I also was watching Brent interact with his friends. That got me thinking that most people I know at church and yes that includes myself, don't really know Brent that well... I mean he was there with his neighbor who has to be about 20 years older than him and they were having a really good conversation. This guy and his girlfriend seemed like really nice people. He also knew the softball girls and they enjoyed talking to him it wasn't like they couldn't find a way to get away from him or something. I realized that most people I know at church when we talk to him, we laugh at what he says and sometimes don't think very highly of him, but this people enjoy being with him! Not only them, but there were about 5 more men and women who showed up late and they were going to say hi to him and they were having a great time hanging out with Brent! That really pisses me off!!! Not because they treat him well, but because it got me wondering how many times do his friends who might or might not be Christians, treat him better than his "Christian" brothers and sister?


Then that just takes me back to what another friend from FBC was telling me about how she feels out of place sometimes! Really? What the heck are we doing at church? What Am I doing to make this people feel welcome and loved? I am seriously not doing enough! I don't believe I am and that changes today! It is my responsibility to show my brothers and sisters in Christ more love than what they get from people who don't know Christ!


It must be the ring...
Or is it the bald head? haha, so I've hear before how married men attract more women. I hope that is not true! No ONE should be attracted to someone who is already married to someone else! There is a whole new blog in the subject, so I'm not even gonna start with that, but since I have been wearing my ring, I have noticed that more ladies notice me. lol Well, today it was funny because It was a Sheriff deputy who was trying to get my attention. haha, I was driving to the Kia dealership, after Brent told me to go there apparently he is also "Kia Brent" lol. So when I got to Appleyard I had to stop at the red light and in the blue mustang next to me was a really good looking girl who was wearing the SD uniform. I looked over and back at the road then I move a little up. Then I noticed that she moved up too, so I looked over again and she had this huge smile, from ear to ear! lol So she waved and I did something I always wanted to do! I waved back and then pointed out to her that I was wearing a ring. hahaha, I felt like I was in one of those Chevy Chase movies when the hot chick in the red Ferrari drives up to him. hahaha, So the officer just moved her head as to say she was a little disappointed and waved again as she was driving off. hahaha, it was awesome... for some reason. lol Oh well, maybe it would have ended different if I was available, but even tho I'm single I will not be available to date for quite a while. Then I started thinking about all the benefits I would get by dating a cop, no more tickets!!! hahaha


Other things I've done?
Well, last night I finished "to own a dragon" it was amazing and I will keep going back to it on a regular basis. Like I said before, I can't thank TH enough for getting me that book! Then I went to look for "After the Affair: Healing the Pain and Rebuilding Trust When a Partner Has Been Unfaithful" by Janis Spring, but Borders didn't have it, so I ended up buying another book: "Be a man! Becoming the Man God created you to be" by FR. Larry Richards. I will just order the other book online and read this one while I get it... The love dare keeps getting better and better everyday! I really am learning so much from it.... I'm trying to think of other stuff that happened today... Oh, yeah I was walking in to church this morning and there were a few college students standing out side around this welcome table for the college ministry. I walked around them and one of the guys was like: Hey what's going on Eddie!?.. I looked back and said hi too, but I have no idea who that guy was! haha, I felt bad about it, but good that people know who I am... I hope he knows my mane for a good reason! lol


Kia Soul!
I love.... LOVE, that car! I left the soccer game at half time, FSU was beating Stetson 3-0 so I didn't expect it to get any better. I drove over to the Kia dealership to see if they were open and they were, so I told the salesman about my situation and how I need to find something around 13 or maybe not more than 15K so he showed me the Soul. He gave me a detailed explanation on all the features and stuff. That guy really knows his cars! I was really impressed by all the options and safety features of the standard model. I think the price is around 14K. I looked at just the basic model, no extra features, but this car had cd player with mp3 and usb imputs. It has power lock and power windows. The one I liked was black with black interior, the gas millage is great around the 25/31 or something like it. Then it has a lot of storage space in the back, enough for all my tools! I would just have to spend some extra money on a roof rack so I can strap my ladder, but I don't think that would be a big issue. I'm really thinking about getting that car! I mean, I been very convicted lately about how I spend my money and I was thinking that God didn't like that I had a 20K loan and payments of 435 a month, so that has to be the reason He took my truck away. I really appreciate that by the way! So I really don't need anything fancy. Just enough room for my tools and ladder, low payments and then I can use more money for the Kingdom. I like that! I know that I want something bigger for selfish reasons, but I really don't need it.... We'll see what happens. My dad is supposed to be talking to some guy in Houston who sells cars, but he hasn't called me back. Just keep praying for me to have faith in God while all this is happening. I mean no matter how strong my faith is, there are times when I can't help but let my human nature take over and I start worrying and freaking out about it. I also do the same with the personal problems I been having lately, so I guess pray for that too!


Ok! I have to do some reading and then head over to E3 for evening praise and worship. Then I have to read for my History class before I go to bed. Dang it! I forgot about that! Oh, well.....

Source: http://outoftheroundtable.blogspot.com/2010/08/is-it-ring.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "Is it the Ring?"

Post a Comment