Monday, August 16, 2010

Pushing

On Sunday, I ran across the bridge: ~11 miles. But I stopped to help some dogs find their way home. On Monday, I ran an uninterrupted 12 miles on a particularly hilly route which included the 5 mile drive at Point Defiance Park. That's the farthest I've ever run. Soon I'll be doing more than half a marathon.


It's getting easier as I discover how to let my body do all the work and let my mind focus on perseverance.


I decided to go to Burning Man 2012 and have begun the preparation process. This process includes directed mental, physical, and spiritual growth. As far as physical preparedness, I will be running 4-5 marathons a week by the time the festival rolls around.


I spoke with a Latter Day Saints missionary on campus today. He was friendly, non-judgmental, curious, and informative. I do believe in God, but it's not his God. He asked me if I pray, and I said yes. What I didn't tell him is that to me, running is prayer. My God never stops moving.

Source: http://uprightanimal.blogspot.com/2010/08/pushing.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "Pushing"

Post a Comment