Wednesday, March 2, 2011

First day at school!

id='post-body-442996747636648959'>


Woke up at 6.00! It was quite easy to wake up early as I’ve had to wake up early every day at orientation (takes me ages to straighten my hair!!) plus I have no curtains so it was bright in my room. I woke up this early as I didn’t know how lost I would get going to work (due at work at 8:40). Had breakfast and popped to the bakery to buy the English department a cake to share. So far so good, it was7:35am. Got on the train and was proud of myself until I saw I was at some random stop! I looked at my metro app on my ipod and got off to go back in the opposite direction (8am). I got off the train then realised I was back at the stop where my apartment is not my school (yes I’m stupid!). I got back on the train, going in the right direction this time (8:10am). Did the train change halfway with no problems (thank god!) and arrived at my station where my school is. I followed the hundreds of kids and made it to the school in one piece.

The next problem was finding where I was supposed to go. I phoned my co-teacher and I made it there at 8:38am! Go me!! The journey was supposed to take 25 minutes…

The lessons went okay. The kids just were very shy (with a few exceptions!). Lunch was good except all the kids were looking at me eating and waving! Haha So cute!! =^-^= At 3:30 we went to apply for my ARC but they were so busy they had stopped issuing tickets for the day. My school said they would book an appointment for me over the internet. My co-teacher and another English teacher took me for dinner which was so good (I love Korean food!!). It was kimchi rice, dumplings and other dishes that I don’t know the name of. The dumplings are supposed to be famous and had meat and noodles inside! Yummy!

I then went home but just outside my apartment I bumped in to Clare who is a SMOE teacher from orientation!! I told her about Homeplus and we decided to take a trip there together. It was only 3 stops away from our apartment and you can’t miss it when you come out of the station. We spent well over an hour in there getting food and other essentials. The people in the supermarket level were so friendly; I think I will like shopping in Korea.


My classroom

Source: http://wherewillmyfeettakemenext.blogspot.com/2011/03/first-day-at-school.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "First day at school!"

Post a Comment