Sunday, May 8, 2011

Travel Apps - Metro Paris Subway

id='post-body-1082424457998977366'>
Paris has a land area of over 40 square miles, and a population of over 2 million people. Countless numbers of historical sites and places of interests. Untold number of cafés and restaurants. Each of which are within a few blocks of a Metro or Bus stop. It is a city with one of the most densest amount of mass transit stops in the world. How to decipher all these with going mad? I use Metro Paris Subway App by Presselite on my iPhone and iPad.

The Metro App uses GPS and Google Map
s to show your location and the nearest station, updating as you walk the streets of Paris. It's simple enough to key in the station you are near and your ending destination. Then the App will show which lines, connections and approximate time it will take to get you to your destination.


This 99¢ App can by used offline, so you don't need to maintain a wifi connection or expensive phone data package. What I like about this app is the built in metro and bus line maps, plus the station listings per line. When exploring in Paris, I like hopping on the nearest line and seeing where I end up. Every stop has a story. This app lets me see what stops are on any one line. Sure, I can do this using a regular paper Metro map, but this is so much neater, and quicker, than pulling that old map out of your pocket for every stop.

There are also 99¢ add-ons for Point of Interests for Restaurants, Food & Drink,
Accommodations, and Leisure Sites. These show up on the Google Maps screen, although I must admit, this is a new enhancement that wasn't avaliable on my last trip to Paris. I can't wait until I go back over to the City of Lights to try these new enhancements out.

Since I live on the East Coast of the US, I also use the Metro Apps for Washington DC and New York, also by Presselit. They make traveling by metro a breeze.

Metro Paris Subway app.... don't leave for Paris without it.


Source: http://clearedready.blogspot.com/2011/05/travel-apps-metro-paris-subway.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "Travel Apps - Metro Paris Subway"

Post a Comment