She got back late last night and, of course, had to pop over to say hi, which was great. Bryce was already asleep, so when he was up for the day at 5:45 I waited a little and then texted her to let her know we were up in case she was too and wanted to see her little guy up and about. Many people wouldn't have taken me up on that offer at 6:30 in the morning, but she did. We hung out for a while and then the three of us passed out for a morning nap, which was sweet.
I have been laying as low as possible at work while she was gone, but today I had to resurface in earnest. I left Bryce in good hands with mom and UB, who had stopped by to hang out for a bit and catch up with mom, and went in to the office in a spiffy new outfit (I have decided to purge my closet and replace stuff I never wear with a few nice new things). I was super productive, including getting my new hire oriented a bit, and then dashed back home to spend some time with Bryce before my board meeting tonight.
It was a pretty full day, but a pretty good one too. I have been really working on being present, grateful and intentional of late and I think it is paying off. I feel pretty content and at peace these days... Looking at this face certainly helps...
0 nhận xét: on "Mom's home!"
Post a Comment