Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dreams on Ice Thoughts

Daisuke Takahashi - Amelie Movie Score



Obviously, this was the big program from the exhibition and I have received several Formspring questions asking me to share my thoughts. So what do I think? I definitely like it, and he was able to relax much more in this performance and skate with a lightness rather than the tension he usually holds throughout his arms. We did see a lot of Stephane Lambiel-esque movements, especially throughout his head (some headless-looking turning, etc.) and shoulders. The question I have is whether Stephane also gave Daisuke a short program that is very similar to what Lambiel would have skated, or if he rather built a program around Takahashi's own style. He is the current World Champion, and his style has definitely worked and been appreciated to the point that I hope he doesn't drift away from that. Final verdict? Very nice, yes; masterpiece, eh.. not really. However, I think this shows that Lambiel definitely knows what he is doing and is going to be quite successful as a choreographer.


I'll search around Youtube for other performances later. It seems like many of the original clips have been taken down due to copyright issues.

Source: http://tony-wheeler.blogspot.com/2010/06/dreams-on-ice-thoughts.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "Dreams on Ice Thoughts"

Post a Comment