Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy 100!

alternative text

As you can see, my rage for lace continues.


Since my last post, I miraculously hit 100 followers in record time (thank you to all of you! and special shout-out to lucky #100
Caroline, who just started a new blog) and I actually had a sorta-successful photo shoot where I wasn't completely eaten alive by insects. So why am I not smiling? Well, if you're new to the whole daily-fashion-blog thingmajig, y'all need to take a look at Adored Austin's recent post about how wonderful yet silly taking these photos can be.


I totally laughed out loud (yes, I lolled) when I read her checklist of the quintessential fashion blogger: Outlandish headwear (check), Non-prescription glasses (these are real, biatch), Skyrocketing hemline (not really here, but I've been guilty), Hand on hip or head (uhhhhh that's my "model pose," shuttup) and.... Inability to smile. Why so srs, fashion bloggers?


alternative text

But let's get back to the subject at hand-- or as the French say, let's come back to our sheep-- I have two lovelies I must share in this post.


One: Poppy's 5 Questions that she tagged me in an embarrassing amount of time ago.



1: What will always make you laugh without fail?

So many things, it's quite ridiculous. Besides yukking it up with my friends, I just have a stupid sense of humor. I love puns. And lately, I've been greatly entertained by the likes of Wheezy Waiter, as seen here. See? I'm really a basket case.


2: What does your last text message say and who was it from?
It's from Liz, who's basically saying (she likes to write essays no matter what the context) that Skype wonked up and she has to go but she'll talk to me later. We're a regular odd couple. But who'd be Nathan Lane?


3: Do you collect anything?
I used to collect necklaces when I was younger, but now I try to hoard as many posters and tiny art prints (the cheap-o kind, mind you) as I can for my room. Clothing-wise, I'm an avid fan of scarves and childrens' souls. I mean, what....?


4: What were you doing 3 hours ago?
I was.... editing for this blog? I was sitting on my posterior. I was breathing. Also I was juggling knives on fire. Just a regular night.


5: What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?
I was bowling with Lady Gaga and a lamppost when.... aw wait, that's real life. OH I KID. I think the weirdest dream I had was one I had when I was a kid and there were these anime characters from Sailor Moon (I was an avid Moonie, teehee) doing a really low tightrope at a circus and then one of them started peeing and then it was just weird and I don't know. Freud, did you get that?



And here I present with a flourish, 5 Questions for 5 People. It's sorta like The Five People You Meet In Heaven, if Heaven were a blog, I guess. OK, so to Indigo/Tangerine (they count as one because they're Siamese twins, of course), Ali, Mel, Jennifer and Anna.


1. What's your favorite letter of the alphabet, and why?
2. If you could use any medium in the world to create your masterpiece, what would it be?
3. What's the silliest thing you've ever done for your blog?
4. What's something that's intangible (so no possessions) that makes you purely feel that you're alive?
5. A tiger is chasing you through the Himalayan mountains and then you slip on a frozen pancake. What do you do?



Now go! Mush! Go forth on thine blogs and answer these riddles o'mine!


alternative text

Just keep twirlin' just keep twirlin' just keep twirlin' twirlin' twirlin'...

alternative text

alternative text

alternative text

Deep close-up photos are deep.

alternative text

alternative text

Lace top & Skirt- JJ Market from Thailand : Bowler- Target : Flats- Old Navy



What's Lovely for Tuesday, June 29, 2010: Watching more Boston Legal than is legally allowed (see what I mean about bad puns?) and realizing that I'm a flamingo
&
What's Lovely for today, June 30, 2010: In honor of the celebration of 100 followers-- announcing the first GIVEAWAY from Toast with Charmalade! But what, exactly?? Stay tuned for next time, folks!


alternative text

Also, hey-ho, meet my doggy-o! No wait, that's just her butt.

alternative text

Therrrre she is. Say hi to Cami, everyone. She's a sweetheart who clearly needs a bath and a haircut.


PS: What do you think of the new layout? It still needs tweaking, but I think the color scheme definitely needed to change. Yea or nay?




Source: http://charmalade.blogspot.com/2010/06/happy-100.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "Happy 100!"

Post a Comment