Monday, August 16, 2010

the masks we wear ... Really?!


Art Exhibition. "Simple Colours Say More"







--The wooden framed piece of canvas was painted blue (turquoise blue?), with a simple design of a broken bow and arrow dangling off the branch of a purple tree.--







I respect art. Though most of the times, it goes over my head. Like the abstract. For me abstract only signifies Math. Incomprehensible. The artist of this painting possessed quite a lot of 'Green in his Bank', also acquiring him a spot among the works of almost-great. The artist, also a friend. I was about to walk away when he came and stood next to me. So, I shifted my gaze back to the hideous painting. Hideous, because the icky brown colour of the bow-and-arrow was a turn-off, personally.







"So, how is it?” he asked. Hopeful.







While lying, everybody has a give-away. I was in a fix. On one side I had decided to be blatantly honest and on the other, it was difficult to break someone's bubble they're so happy in. My could-have-been-a-give-away - I was silent, unable to think of anything at all to say. Anything!







(Must have been at least 45seconds) "How do you feel about it? On a personal level, you know...” time to make up stuff.







"Oh, nothing. You tell me". He can be very stubborn.







"Erm...welll... you know... I ... I have this thing of perceiving stuff... art, on my current mood... which is good... Right now. So, eh... I see the blue as a clear blue sky... Happiness and the purple tree a soft, sweet lavender tree...My favourite", this is all I managed.







"Oh, yes. Simple colours. Nothing about the bow and arrow?” he asked again, which was fascinating. Child-like.







This was easy, now the lie-flow was set. I replied, "the broken bow n' arrow is the best!"







He looked confused and I continued. "It's broken, so no one can use it to harm anything... This is good. Peace..."







"Woah... That perception is good." He smiled and went back to ...I have no idea.







The mask was back on.







Later that day I got a text from him simply stating, "You made my day! Thanks."







We do need these 'masks we wear’; they are comfortable and sometimes make someone's day.







[Regina claiming to like the Girl's skirt might have been hypocrisy, however, to the Girl it meant a compliment from the 'popular' inducing confidence and - Making her day!]








The masks we wear... Really! Are needed.













Source: http://writealifesong.blogspot.com/2010/08/masks-we-wear-really_17.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "the masks we wear ... Really?!"

Post a Comment