Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Peacock Pleasures

I have ALWAYS loved peacocks- when I was little, there was a park nearby that had wild peacocks just walking around everywhere and I always thought to myself when people play the "what animal do you resemble" game that my animal was a peacock. Soooo, when I saw a suggestion of nail art of peacock feathers, I was ecstatic! Now, I'll try feathers one day, but for Funky French Friday, I've decided to do a peacock manicure!!!


The first picture has flash and the color turns up baby blue, so I've included a non-flash photo to show you a better representation of color. I think my Kodak EasyShare doesn't like yellow ratios very much...


A Pocked Peacock





For this manicure, I used one coat of OPI's Natural Nail Base Coat, two coats of Milani's Neon Fresh Teal freehanded on (much faster than tip guides, in my opinion) followed by two coats of Seche Vite to even out the layers. Then, I used Maybelline's Plum Intense for the purple dots, and Milani's Cyberspace for the blue dots. I followed up with two coats Seche Vite.


The Colors:


I had to pick up Milani's Fresh Teal when I saw it, it's teal, which is obviously my favorite color (okay, not obviously, unless you've read all my entries and saw that I mentioned it once or twice). I expected it to be semi-matte, as most neons are, and while it dried glossy, it had a bit of a difficult formula, more like a matte. It dried pretty quickly, about half the time normal glosses need, but it didn't self level too well, so I needed to coats to even it. Still, I wouldn't wear it without the top coat because it looked a bit gloopy until the Seche smoothed it out.


Don't forget to enter my giveaway and to leave ideas for next weeks Funky French Friday!!

Source: http://foryournailsonly.blogspot.com/2010/08/peacock-pleasures.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "Peacock Pleasures"

Post a Comment