Tuesday, August 23, 2011

paris breakfasts: Kindle Your Friendships

id='post-body-7444223716866751502'>


Photo by Flora Rocco



My friend Sardi gave me this photo because she thinks I'm consumed with pastry...

I really should put it in a frame...hmmm

Instead of sticking it on top of my stacks and stacks of book...


I have more books than you could shake a stick at. That's what I'm consumed with is BOOKS!




Books support me in so many ways. They even support my laptop...

But if books are my best friends and they are, I'm not very nice to them. I chopp them up like coleslaw. I blow them up at the copy shop. I write in them like crazy with yellow markers. I have to do it. As an artist/illustrator, I'm constantly on the hunt for specific pictures of whatever I'm painting at the moment and my dear friends, books, hold the answers.


I'm not alone in this treacherous act of battering books you know. The NY Public Library used to do it. You could visit The Picture Collection to search out reference shots. You would see all your other illustrator friends pouring over mounted pictures (some ripped out of the finest books I'll have you know). It was quite a social event to go look at torn-out pictures. But that's all changed. The NY Picture Collection is all online, so no more chit chat with fellow artist. Quelle dommage. And there's Google bien sur. I needed pictures of a Roasted Shallot Tart Tatin yesterday et voila! Easy as pie/tarte.


I'm working on Maison Blanc's Fall Menu and I needed tarte au citron reference too.




That was a whole lot easier to solve than the shallot tarte. I just headed down to Payard Bakery. Course if I was in Paris I'd be falling all over tarte citrons on every corner. They're common as lamposts practically...


If I was in Paris I wouldn't have to bring my own supply of lemon zest for the shot either. Just head over to M. Pierre Herme for super zesty lemon tarts.

Back to my dear friends, Books. I'm all over the place today - it must be yesterday's so-called 'earthquake'. I'm wondering if I should break down and finally get a reader..?


I've been flirting with one for quite some time.

Do you LOVE your Kindle?





Wasn't it clever of Amazon to call it the 'Kindle' like you were warming up at a friendly, homey hearth?

If I had a Kindle maybe I wouldn't have to two-time some of my books, buying them first in French and then dumping them for the English versions...


My Little Paris is FINALLY out in the US! Yahoo. I had to order mine from the UK - a fun, fun book. More to come on it.


Along with not having a Kindle, I don't have an iPhone either :(

Shhh...I don't even have a cell/portable(!!!)

Eeek. I'm probably the only one on the planet, but after seeing David Lebovitz post on iPhone Paris Apps I'm thinking. Could I get an iPhone just for the Apps? I'm in love with the Paris Metro App. It could be my new best friend, and I promise to be really, really nice. No chopping or blowing up or two-timing I swear.

Should I or shouldn't I??

Do tell all PBers. Do you have one? Do you love it?

Bonjour Post-Earthquake!














Source: http://parisbreakfasts.blogspot.com/2011/08/kindle-your-friendships.html


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 nhận xét: on "paris breakfasts: Kindle Your Friendships"

Post a Comment